Stay in the sun when the sunshine is gone, and you will find that the sunshine lives within you.
What a strange year 2020 has been!
We are aware people have struggled immensely this year and the uncertainty of guidelines surrounding Covid-19, job and income security and health make the situation challenging and distressing. We are also aware that many people struggle with the anticipation and expectation around the Christmas period, and the closure of some vital services both during lockdowns and during Christmas holidays can leave people feeling quite isolated and lonely.
We are asking you to help us 'Light up December' The idea is to spread as much Love, Light and Positivity as we can.
Everybody can take part.... the more the merrier.
What we ask:
1. Choose a window which can be seen by passers by: it can be at your home or place of work (with permission of the owners)
2. Find a source of light to add to the window: a lantern, bottle light (you can buy one from us), fairy lights, a torch or any creative form of light
3. Prepare and plan how you are going to decorate your window: we would love for there to be at least 1 sunflower in each of your windows, but otherwise be as creative as you can
5. Put all of the above together into a wonderful creation and ensure your window is ready for 1 December 2020
6. Send us a photograph of your window either to our social media pages or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Leave your window alight throughout December until at least 1 January 2021
We will chose a winner from the submitted photographs on 24th December 2020
Getting creative is a great way to improve our mental wellbeing and mood so we hope you will join us in your own creative and inpsiring ways! We hope the windows will uplift people during the month of December.
If you do not wish to get creative we ask that you still consider putting a source of light and a hope note in your windows to help signpost people in crisis