FEEDBACK & COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Sunflowers Suicide Support (hereinafter referred to as ‘Sunflowers’) aims to provide high quality services which meet your needs. We value your feedback whether positive or constructive as it provides us with the opportunity to improve our service.
You can give your feedback by:
• Talking face to face with a member of Sunflowers Team or the service facilitator.
• If you would prefer not to speak to the team directly, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or you can call our office on 01453 826990
Making an informal complaint
In order to ensure our services, remain at a high and improving standard, we have a procedure through which you can let us know if for any reason you are not satisfied with your dealings with the organisation.
In the first instance
• Please speak to the relevant Sunflowers Team member. If you are unhappy with an individual at Sunflowers, sometimes it is best to tell them directly.
• If you feel this is difficult or inappropriate, then speak to the Sunflowers Team member's line manager.
Speaking directly to the relevant member of Sunflowers Team will mean that often we will be
able to give you a response straight away.
When the matter is more complicated, we will give you at least an initial response within five
working days, depending on Sunflowers staffing levels at the time.
Making a written complaint
If you are not satisfied with our initial response or wish to raise the matter more formally, please write to the Charity CEO.
If your complaint is about the Charity CEO, please write to the Chair of the Trustees.
Address for complaints:
Sunflowers Suicide Support
Charity Manager email: email@example.com
Chair of Trustees email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To enable us to investigate and respond to your complaint, please outline full details of your complaint within your formal letter or email. Please include the following information:
1. Which service or Sunflowers Team member it concerns
2. Time, Date of complaint
3. The nature of your complaint
4. Your full name and contact details for us to make a response to.
• All written complaints will be logged.
• We aim to make a written acknowledgement within three working days.• The aim is to investigate your complaint properly and give you a reply within ten working days, setting out how the problem will be dealt with. If this is not possible, an
interim response will be made informing you of the action taken to date or being
• If after we have responded and you are not satisfied, please write to the Chair of Trustees who will report the matter to the next meeting of the Trustees. The Board of Trustees will decide on any further steps to resolve the situation.
Can I get help to complain?
Yes, a friend, relative or carer can help you. However, we will need your written permission for them to act on your behalf.
If you complain:
• You will be treated with respect
• You will be listened to
• You will not have services withdrawn
• You will be kept informed about the progress of your complaint